Learn about the process of the airport boarding procedure if it is necessary on the day of boarding.
Learn about the SKiP Service here.
Primary examples of situations requiring the boarding procedure at the airport
- If you have not completed your reservation, payment, or seat selection
- If procedures done by staff such as confirmation of identification are necessary
Primary examples of situation not requiring the boarding procedure at the airport
- Passengers carrying out the procedure using SKiP Service (2D Barcode)
STEP 1Before Going to the Airport
Have the items necessary for the boarding procedure ready.
One of the items below is required (if the purchase has been completed)
If a fare requiring the submission of identification which can be used to verify things like the passenger's age is being used, have that means of identification ready in addition to one of the items above.
STEP 2Boarding Procedure
There are 2 types of boarding methods.
Self service check-in machine
All ANA self service check-in machines within airports can be used.
Visit the AIRDO counter at the airport.
Complete the procedure at the boarding procedure counter in the following instances.
- You are using a Welcome to HOKKAIDO Fare, award ticket, DO Senior 65, or DO Youth 25
- In addition to use of 1 of the fares above, confirmation by staff of things like identification is required for the fare
- Special assistance such as wheelchair use or AIRDO Kids is needed when boarding
- A difference in the price of the fare from the time of payment and the time of boarding has occurred
- You have forgotten an item necessary to the boarding procedure
- Confirmation of official documentation to verify the passenger's identity is required. (passport, Alien registration card,etc.)
STEP3 Checking in Baggage
Passengers with baggage to check in should check it in prior to departure using the automated baggage check-in machine or the baggage counter.
Passengers with baggage
Automated Baggage Checking Machine
If you have baggage to check in, please check it with the "Automated Baggage Checking Machine" or the "Baggage Counter" before departure.
Passengers with no baggage
Proceed directly to the security inspection area.
STEP4 departure security inspection area
Complete the necessary procedures and pass through the security inspection area at least 20 minutes before flight departure time.
STEP5 boarding gate
Go to the boarding gate
at least 10 minutes before the departure time
- SKiP Service is a registered trademark of ANA.