My AIRDO Membership Agreement
Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1: Purpose
AIRDO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "AIRDO") manages My AIRDO web member services (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"). This Agreement sets forth terms and conditions regarding the use of the Services that are agreed by the members and AIRDO.
Article 2: Definitions
- "My AIRDO" shall mean the web member services of AIRDO.
- "Member" shall mean persons who have applied for membership related to the Services, whose membership application has been accepted by AIRDO.
- "My AIRDO DOMIN Member" shall mean Members who have consented to the DOMIN Membership Agreement, whose registration for the Services has been accepted by AIRDO.
- "My Page" shall mean a webpage exclusively for Members that is displayed after Members have logged into My AIRDO.
- "DO Miles" shall collectively mean a service in which AIRDO grants AIRDO Points based on the flight record of Members and under special conditions, and provides "Benefits" in accordance with such AIRDO Points.
- "AIRDO Points" shall collectively mean "Flight Points" and "Bonus Points" granted by AIRDO.
- "Flight Points" shall mean AIRDO Points granted by AIRDO in accordance with the flight record of Members.
- "Bonus Points" shall mean AIRDO Points other than those granted in the manner stated in the preceding paragraph, that are granted under special conditions. Restrictions may be imposed on the use of these.
- "Point Account" shall mean accounts used by Members for the management of AIRDO Points.
- "Benefits" shall mean award ticket and other products and services provided by AIRDO in accordance with applications for the use of AIDO Points by Members.
- "Designated User" shall mean users designated by Members for the use of Benefits.
- "My AIRDO Desk" shall mean AIRDO's contact counter for the handling of various inquiries related to My AIRDO, DO Miles, and DOMIN Member registration.
- "AIRDO Card" shall mean cards with credit card functions that are jointly issued by AIRDO and an "Affiliated Credit Card Company".
- "Affiliated Credit Card Company" shall mean credit card companies that issue AIRDO Cards.
Article 3: Overview of the Services
The Services consist of services in which AIRDO provides the following functions to Members.
- Easily making reservations and payments
- Viewing reservation particulars and flight history
- Accumulating AIRDO Points and confirming the number of AIRDO Points held
- Making reservations for Benefits
- Requesting to subscribe to, or unsubscribe from e-mail magazines
- Newly registering as a My AIRDO DOMIN Member and renewing membership
- Requesting participation in campaigns (offers) exclusively for Members
- Appling for an AIRDO Card
Chapter 2: Membership
Article 1: Applying for membership
- Persons wishing to apply for membership related to the Services must meet AIRDO's prescribed requirements, and carry out such application based on AIRDO's prescribed method after consenting to this Agreement.
- Acquiring membership related to the Services shall limited to once per person. If one Member has multiple Point Accounts, AIRDO shall have the right integrate these.
- Persons wishing to apply for an AIRDO Card must already be a Member, or carry out such application based on a prescribed method with the assumption that they will acquire membership related to the Services. The screening for membership related to the AIRDO Card shall be carried out by the relevant Affiliated Credit Card Company.
Article 2: Burden of expenses
The Services shall be free of charge with regard to sign-up fees, annual fees, and usage fees. Nevertheless, members shall cover communications expenses (packet data fees), etc. incurred when accessing the Services, and AIRDO Card annual fees.
Article 3: Non-approval of membership
AIRDO may in some cases not approve a person's application for membership related to the Services if that person corresponds to any of the following. Furthermore, even after a person's application for membership related to the Services has been approved, if AIRDO discovers that the said person corresponds to any of the following, the relevant approval shall be revoked.
- He/she made a false statement, erroneous statement, or omission with regard to a registration or notification item when applying for membership related to the Services.
- His/her use of the Services was suspended or terminated in the past as the result of his/her violating this Agreement.
- AIRDO has deemed approving his/her use of the Services inappropriate for a reason other than the above.
Article 4: Coming into effect of membership
- Membership shall be effective as soon as AIRDO has approved of the acquisition of such membership, and establishment of the relevant person's My Page has been completed.
- My AIRDO DOMIN Member registration shall be possible after My Page establishment. The qualifications for such registration shall be as stipulated in "DOMIN Membership Agreement Chapter 2 Article 1".
Article 5: Management of login ID and password
When using the Services, inputting a login ID and password shall be required so that the identity of Members can be confirmed. Login IDs and passwords shall be managed by Members at their own liability. Nevertheless, in the case that a Member is unable to manage his/her own login ID and password, it shall be possible for his/her parent, legal guardian, or the like to manage the login ID and password on his/her behalf.
AIRDO shall not assume any liability in the event that a Member has incurred damages due to acts of spoofing, etc. in which his/her login ID and password have been used by another person.
Chapter 3: AIRDO Card
Article 1: Use of AIRDO Card
- On AIRDO Cards, the relevant Member's name and membership number (hereinafter referred to as "Card Information") shall be shown. It shall not be possible for an AIRDO Card to be used by a person other than the Member whose Card Information is shown on the card.
- Members must manage and use their Card Information in an appropriate manner. Members must not lend or transfer their AIRDO Card to another person, provide their AIRDO Card to another person as collateral, or allow another person to use their Card Information.
- In the case that a Member wishes to reissue his/her AIRDO Card because it was lost, stolen, damaged, defaced, etc., the AIRDO Card shall be reissued if the relevant approval has been given by the relevant Affiliated Credit Card Company after a screening. In such cases, Members shall pay the prescribed reissuance fee to the Affiliated Credit Card Company.
- Members shall be able to receive the special Benefits of the AIRDO Card after AIRDO Card issuance, by registering the Card Information on their My Page.
Chapter 4: AIRDO Points
Article 1: Standards for granting AIRDO Points
Section 1: Standards for granting Flight Points
As for Flight Points, if AIRDO's designated flight has been boarded at AIRDO's designated fare, the prescribed number of AIRDO Points shall be granted in accordance with the purchase amount of the relevant airline ticket (This shall exclude passenger facility usage fees.). Nevertheless, in the case of codeshare flights, the boarding of flights under the AIRDO name shall be targeted for the granting of points, and various fees and commissions shall not be targeted for such.
AIRDO shall be able to review and change the standards for granting Flight Points as needed at its own discretion.
Section 2: Standards for granting Bonus Points
Bonus Points shall consist of AIRDO Points granted in accordance with participation in a campaign (offer) stipulated in Chapter 8 Article 6 and the total number of flights taken in a year, and AIRDO Points granted in relation to the AIRDO Card.
AIRDO shall be able to review and change the standards for granting Bonus Points as needed at its own discretion.
Article 2: Granting of Flight Points
- Flight Points shall only be granted if a Member has made a reservation on his/her My Page, paid the relevant fare, and boarded the relevant flight. Such granting shall be to the relevant Member's Point Account in the afternoon of the day following the day of the flight in question or later.
- In the case that a Member did not make a reservation via his/her My Page, and in the case a Member did not receive the granting of Flight Points for some reason, it shall be possible to claim AIRDO Points via the relevant My Page. Nevertheless, such claiming must be within a period of six months starting from the afternoon of the day following the day of the relevant flight. AIRDO shall grant AIRDO Points after confirming the Member's flight record and the purchase amounts of the airline tickets of each segment in question.
- Flight Points shall be granted once per Member per flight.
Article 3: Combining of AIRDO Points
It shall not be possible for the AIRDO Points that a Member has acquired to be shared with or transferred to a third party, or combined with the points of a third party. It shall not be possible to double register AIRDO Points in multiple Point Accounts. If such double registration has been discovered, AIRDO shall be able to correct the number of AIRDO Points.
Article 4: Validity period of AIRDO Points
Section 1: Validity period of Flight Points
Flight Points shall be valid for a period of two years starting from the day after the relevant flight. Nevertheless, in the case that new Flight Points have been acquired during the validity period, the validity period of all Flight Points that are valid at that point in time shall be renewed to a period of two years starting from the day after the date of the latest flight boarded. Flight Points not used within their validity period shall be invalid. The validity period of Flight Points related to flights boarded on Leap Day (February 29) shall end on February 28 two years after the flight date.
Section 2: Validity period of Bonus Points
As for Bonus Points, validity periods shall be stipulated for each point, and extending the validity period shall not be possible. AIRDO Points not used by their expiry date shall be invalid.
Article 5: Correction of AIRDO Points
If there is an inconsistency between the valid number of AIRDO Points tallied in accordance with this Agreement, etc. and the number of AIRDO Points shown in a Point Account, AIRDO shall have the right to correct the number AIRDO Points, regardless of whether a Member or AIRDO was responsible for the inconsistency in question.
Article 6: Submission of objections related to AIRDO Points
If a Member has an objection regarding the granting of AIRDO Points, the Member shall be able to submit that objection to AIRDO within a period of one year starting from the day after the date of the relevant flight. At such time, submitting a boarding pass proving that the relevant flight was boarded shall be required.
Chapter 5: Benefits
Article 1: Use of Benefits
Members shall be able to use Benefits if AIRDO's prescribed conditions are met, and the application for such use must be from the Member in question. Furthermore, even when the authorized Designated User uses the Benefits, the application for the use of the Benefits shall be made only by the Member in question.
AIRDO shall be able to review and change the conditions for using Benefits as needed at its own discretion.
Article 2: Users of Benefits
Members and Designated Users are allowed to use the Benefits.
Article 3: Number of AIRDO Points required for the reservation of a award ticket
AIRDO shall be able to review and change the required number of AIRDO points for award ticket as needed at its own discretion. If there is an excess or deficiency in the number of AIRDO points due to a reservation change, adjustments shall be made.
Article 4: Restrictions related to the use of award ticket
- When award ticket are used, there may be time periods when use is not possible, restrictions related to the number of seats that can be used, and cases in which reservations cannot be made. Furthermore, there may be flights in which seating is not provided for award ticket. AIRDO shall not extend the validity period of award ticket, etc. for the reason of restrictions on use such as the above.
- After an application has been made for a award ticket reservation, it shall not be possible to change the passenger name or flight segment (place of departure and place of arrival).
Article 5: Validity period of award ticket
The validity period of award ticket shall be either 1 year starting from the day after the date of the relevant reservation application, or the validity period of the AIRDO Points being used for the ticket, whichever period is shorter.
Article 6: Transferring of flights
In the event that a flight delay, suspension of aircraft operation, or other irregularity related to aircraft operation has occurred, AIRDO shall not be obligated to offer a flight of another company to the Member or Designated User with the award ticket. Nevertheless, this shall not apply if such occurrence has been caused by AIRDO as the result of an equipment failure, etc.
Article 7: Changing of award ticket
AIRDO shall accept a request for a reservation change if the reservation change has been carried out by either the day before the departure date of the flight that the relevant Member or Designated User has reserved, or the day before the departure date of the flight that the relevant Member or Designated User wishes to newly reserve, whichever day is earlier.
Article 8: Refunds related to award ticket
Section 1: Refunds
AIRDO shall refund AIRDO Points that have been used for a award ticket if the relevant Member or Designated User has canceled the ticket reservation before the departure time of the reserved flight.
Section 2: Refund fee
AIRDO shall collect a prescribed number of AIRDO Points from the AIRDO Points valid at the time of reservation cancelation, as a refund fee. Nevertheless, this shall not apply in the event that a flight delay, suspension of aircraft operation, or other irregularity related to aircraft operation has occurred.
AIRDO shall be able to review and change the refund fee as needed at its own discretion.
Section 3: award ticket that have not been canceled
AIRDO Points that have been used for a award ticket shall not be refunded if the relevant Member or Designated User has not canceled the ticket reservation before the departure time of the reserved flight. AIRDO shall not assume any liability for compensation related to award ticket that have not been used.
Article 9: Prohibition of sale
The sale of Benefits to a third party in any form by Members and Designated Users shall be prohibited.
Chapter 6: Handling of the Information of Members
Article 1: Protecting and managing personal information
Article 2: Changing of the information of Members
In the case that the registered information of a Member has changed, the Member shall be required to carry out change procedures via My Page or notify the My AIRDO Desk. AIRDO shall not assume any liability for damages and disadvantages that have arisen for a Member as the result of the Member failing to carry out, or being delayed in carrying out the above-mentioned change procedures. It shall be necessary for change notifications related the AIRDO Card to be given to the relevant Affiliated Credit Card Company. AIRDO shall not assume any liability for disadvantages that have arisen for a Member as the result of Member failing to carry out such notification, such as the non-delivery of necessary items and Benefits.
Article 3: Provision of information to Members
AIRDO may provide information via direct mail or e-mail to Members who have consented to this when acquiring membership related to the Services or when changing their Member information. The sending and delivery of such information shall be stopped if the relevant Member requests this. Nevertheless, if the information is deemed important by AIRDO, it shall not be possible to stop the sending of it by direct mail or delivery of it by e-mail even if the relevant Member requests this.
Article 4: Handling of business contractors
AIRDO may provide membership application information and other personal information received from Members related to personal information, which it has received from Members related to applying for membership and other content of this Agreement, in writing or online to the necessary extent, to business contractors that have been entrusted with a portion of the operations related to this Agreement. The required and appropriate supervision of such contractors shall be carried out in order to keep such personal information secure.
When applying for an AIRDO Card, Members shall be deemed to consented to the privacy policies of the relevant Affiliated Credit Card Company, which differ from one company to another.
Article 6: Inquiries regarding personal information
- Inquiries regarding personal information registered for the Services shall be handled by the My AIRDO Desk.
- Inquiries regarding personal information that does not correspond to the personal information in the preceding paragraph shall be handled by AIRDO's Customer Comments and Requests Counter.
Chapter 7: Cancellation of Membership
Article 1: Requesting cancellation of membership
If a Member wishes to cancel his/her membership, it shall be necessary to issue a request for this to the My AIRDO Desk. After such a request has been received, membership related to the Services, all AIRDO Points that the Member has acquired, and the Member's My AIRDO DOMIN Member Information shall be invalid. To cancel membership related to an AIRDO Card, it shall be necessary to issue a request for this to the relevant Affiliated Credit Card Company.
Article 2: Revocation of membership and use of Benefits
In the case that a Member has engaged in an act significantly impairing the relationship of trust with AIRDO, or a dishonest act related to the acquisition of AIRDO Points or the use of Benefits, etc., his/her membership may promptly be revoked, his/her accumulated AIRDO Points may be forfeited, his/her acquired Benefits may be revoked, and his/her reapplying for membership related to the Services in the future may be denied. In the case that improper use of the Services has been discovered, the relevant Member or Designated User shall be additionally charged an amount equivalent to twice the maximum passenger fares and fees set for the flight segment that the relevant passenger improperly used. Furthermore, legal measures such as seeking compensation for damages may be taken as necessary.
Article 3: Death of a Member
If a Member has died, his/her legal heir shall be able to receive the transfer of the AIRDO Points that the said Member acquired. In such cases, it shall be necessary for the requester to present the death certificate of the Member and documents that confirm the fact that the requester holds the inheritance rights related to the remaining AIRDO Points, within six months of the death of the Member. If the request for succession has not been received within the above-mentioned time period, all AIRDO Points of the Member shall be invalid.
Chapter 8: Others
Article 1: Disclaimer
- AIRDO shall not assume any liability regarding damages that a Member has incurred related to use of the Services by a third party that were caused by the intentional actions or negligence of the Member in question.
- AIRDO shall not assume any liability regarding damages that a Member has incurred that were caused by flight route changes or the like.
Article 2: Changes and additions related to the Services
AIRDO may change or make additions to all or part of the Services without obtaining the consent of Members. AIRDO shall not assume any liability regarding damages that a Member has incurred as a result of the above.
If the content of changes or additions to the Services is deemed important, AIRDO may issue a notification via airport counter notices, the AIRDO website, e-mail, and so on in advance.
Article 3: Termination of the Services
AIRDO shall be able to terminate the Services at its own discretion. In the case of such termination, AIRDO shall issue a notification to Members at least three months in advance via airport counter notices, the AIRDO website, e-mail, and so on. In such cases, the unused AIRDO Points of Members shall be canceled and the use of unused award ticket shall be discontinued at the time of the termination of the relevant Services, unless otherwise stated herein.
Article 4: Valid terms
The content of terms and notifications stated in the latest information on the AIRDO website and the latest printed materials issued by AIRDO shall take precedence over the prior content of such terms and notifications in all cases.
Article 5: Restrictions on use of the Services
The provision of all or part of the Services may be delayed or suspended due to system maintenance and malfunctions. AIRDO shall not assume any liability for damages that a Member has incurred as a result of the above. If the provision of all or part of the Services will be suspended, AIRDO shall notify Members of this in advance. Nevertheless, this shall not apply in the event of an emergency or unavoidable circumstances.
Article 6: Campaigns (offers) and questionnaires, etc.
AIRDO shall be able to implement campaigns (offers) and questionnaires, etc. with regard to Members as needed.
- Bonus Points and other gifts, etc. may in some cases only be offered to specific Members based on differences related to participation requirements such as a Member's number of AIRDO Points accumulated and place of residence.
- In some cases, campaigns (offers) involving the use of AIRDO Points that Members have accumulated in their account and questionnaires, etc. may be implemented, and these shall be for Members who have consented to the terms of the relevant campaign (offer) or questionnaire.
- The provision of gifts shall be limited to cases in which the addressee is in Japan. If a prize (product) cannot be sent because the prizewinner's shipping address is unknown and he/she cannot be contacted, AIRDO shall not carry out redelivery, and winning of the prize may be made invalid.
Article 7: Inquiries
Inquiries and requests, etc. related to the content of this Agreement shall be handled by the My AIRDO Desk.
Article 8: Jurisdictional court
Members hereby consent that the court which has the jurisdiction over the location of AIRDO's headquarter shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court with regard to any and all lawsuits arising in relation to this Agreement.
Article 9: Date of application
This Agreement shall be applied starting on March 1, 2016.