Policies regarding protection of personal information
AIRDO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "AIRDO") shall handle personal information based on the following policies, considering the importance of personal information and deeply recognizing that appropriately protecting personal information is AIRDO's social responsibility.
2. Proper appropriate acquisition
AIRDO will obtain the following personal information by appropriate means to the extent necessary for operations for the purpose of achieving the below mentioned purposes.
- Personal information provided to AIRDO by the customer to apply for AIRDO's services, etc.
The customer's name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, business contact, passport information, mailing address, and physical and medical information related to the flight (including the need for a wheelchair and other special arrangements).
- Information on My AIRDO membership, AIRDO card membership, and information related to the usage of applicable services
Customer number, membership card type, point history, the need for a wheelchair and other special arrangements, flight reservation/cancellation information, flight history, service usage history, etc.
- The contents of inquiries and feedback provided to AIRDO
Information included in interactions with customers, contents of inquiries, requests, and feedback (including underlying causes and solutions), etc.
- AIRDO may monitor, record, retain, and utilize telephone calls, emails, and other communications with customers for the purposes of confirming instructions, conducting training, preventing crime, and improving the quality of customer services.
- IT and system data, including the usage status of the AIRDO website
Information about how customers use the AIRDO website, including cookies, advertising identifiers (IDFA and GAID), location data, unique device IDs, OS and browser types, and website activity logs
AIRDO will never obtain and use sensitive personal information of Customers, such as information on race, beliefs, social standing, history of illness, crime records, and history of having been afflicted by crime, unless required by laws and regulations or by the consent of the customer.
3. Purposes of using personal information
The personal information obtained from customers shall be utilized for the following purposes.
- Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, airport services, and in-flight services with regard to air transport services
- Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, and airport services for interline transportation, joint acceptance of carriage, successive carriage and consigned carriage
- Provision of services through My AIRDO
- Guidance, provision, and management of other services and products offered by AIRDO
- All operations incidental or related to the above (1) - (4)
- Implementation of questionnaires concerning services, products, etc., offered by AIRDO, and how to improve and enhance them
- Development of new services and products
- Guidance, operation, management and information provision for various events and campaigns
- Notification of services and products offered by AIRDO
- Response to inquiries and requests
4. Customer choice
As a rule, when a customer provides personal information with AIRDO, that customer does so intentionally. If the customer is unable to provide personal information, it is possible that the customer will be unable to use the various services offered by AIRDO or that some system functions will not work, making the customer unable to use the function in question; and the customer might be at a disadvantage, such as being unable to receive promotional information and other information from AIRDO. Customers are able to change customer contact information and their willingness to receive promotional information at any time by following a procedure established separately by AIRDO.
5. Restrictions on disclosure and provision of information to third parties
AIRDO will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstances. Additionally, we will not disclose or provide a customer's information to any third party, such as physical and medical information related to their flight (including the need for a wheelchair and other special arrangements) or any other personal information requiring special consideration under any circumstances unless we are required to do so by law or the customer has given consent. Note that joint use and provision of information to business entrusted companies are not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
- Customer consent has been obtained.
- Disclosure or provision is required based on laws or regulations.
- Disclosure is required to protect human life, health, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
- Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data is done in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity.
- Provision of information takes place as a result of the succession of business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business, or otherwise.
- Provision of personal information is carried out in accordance with the procedures required by laws and regulations under the condition that the following information can be easily confirmed by the customer in advance on the AIRDO website or by other means, and that the customer has not expressed their intention to refuse disclosure of the information.
- The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party
- Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party
- The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party
- The fact that AIRDO will stop sharing information with third parties if the customer submits a request
- The procedure by which AIRDO will accept a request from the customer
- Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity
- Provision of information as a result of the succession of business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise
6. Joint use
Joint use of personal information may occur at AIRDO under the following conditions.
- Parties that may participate in joint use
(Follow the links for more detailed information.)
- Purpose of use for joint use parties
- To enable AIRDO and the companies jointly using personal information to provide air transportation services, travel services such as tours and hotels, and other products and services
- To enable AIRDO and the companies jointly using personal information to send direct mail, to provide information related to products and services and how to improve and enhance them, and to implement questionnaires
- To enable AIRDO and the companies jointly using personal information to perform sales analysis, to conduct surveys and research, and to develop new products and services
- To communicate and transfer inquiries, applications for use, and other requests from customers regarding the products and services offered by AIRDO and the companies jointly using personal information to the relevant company
- To enable AIRDO and the companies jointly using personal information to conduct proper and trouble-free transactions with other customers
- To facilitate business management and internal management by the RPW group
- Personal information items that may be jointly used
Personal information items that may be jointly used include the customer's name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, employer, gender, and transaction details.
- Name of party or parties responsible for managing personal information
- AIRDO Co., Ltd. (Click here for information regarding our company address and representative's name.)
7. Business entrustment
AIRDO may entrust a part of the business operations to third parties to which personal information may also be disclosed to the extent necessary. In these cases, AIRDO will implement all appropriate measures in supervising such third parties, including establishing agreements on the handling of such personal information.
8. Sending information outside Japan
If AIRDO shares the personal information of a customer with a business or other third party outside Japan, including business contractors, then AIRDO will share that information on the basis of the customer's consent, except in the following circumstances.
- The third party is located in a country that has been legally designated as having a personal information protection system of a level equivalent to that of Japan.
- The third party has established the systems necessary for continuous implementation of measures equivalent to the measures required of business operators that handle personal information in Japan.
In the case of (2) above, If you would like to review those measures, please submit a request in accordance with "12 . Procedure for submitting inquiries and requests, including disclosure requests". AIRDO will take all necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the continuous implementation of the relevant measures by the third party.
9. Personal data that may be sent outside of Japan
Personal information related to survey data obtained through questionnaires and similar means conducted by AIRDO
Singapore (country of operation: USA)
- Please follow the link below for details regarding the system for protecting personal information that is sent outside of Japan.
Personal Information Protection Commission, "Survey of Systems Related to the Protection of Personal Information Outside Japan "
10. Management of personal information
AIRDO will appropriately manage customers' personal information, take the security control measures to prevent leaks, loss, destruction, and alterations, and appropriately handle such information. Additionally, an appropriate retention period for personal information will be established in accordance with the purpose for which such information is used. Once the purpose of use has been achieved, AIRDO will dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods.
11. Disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, and erasure
If AIRDO receives a request from a customer themselves, submitted in the manner specified, for the (1) disclosure, (2) correction, addition, or deletion, (3) discontinuance or erasure of the customer's personal information stored in AIRDO's personal information database, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer themselves. Nevertheless, in the case where the identity confirmation of the requester cannot be obtained; there is a risk of damaging the human life, health, or property of the individual in question or a third party; there would be a significant hindrance to AIRDO's business; or there would be a violation of laws and ordinances, AIRDO may refuse all or part of the relevant requests.
The data of the personal information items or purpose of use explanation requested by the customer shall be disclosed after an investigation of the content of the request.
- Correction, addition, or deletion
AIRDO will make corrections, additions, or deletions to the extent that is appropriate and possible after an investigation of the content of the request.
Use, etc. of the data shall be suspended or the data shall be erased after an investigation of the content of the request. Nevertheless, AIRDO may unintentionally lose the ability to provide services in accordance with needs due to discontinuance and erasure, and this should be noted before requesting the above.
AIRDO might not be able to address the specifics of a customer's request if doing so would cause significant hindrance to our normal business operations or if there is a risk of violating laws and regulations.
12. Procedure for submitting inquiries and requests, including disclosure requests
Disclosure requests for customer information and other inquiries pertaining to personal information will be accepted as follows. However, please note that such requests and inquiries will be declined if AIRDO cannot confirm that the request or inquiry is being made by the customer to whom that information belongs. AIRDO will endeavor to process all complaints, feedback, and other inquiries it receives in an appropriate and speedy manner.
- Checking reservations and boarding within the scope of normal service
Such inquiries can be done by accessing My AIRDO → My Page on the AIRDO website or by calling the Reservation and Information Center. +81-3-6741-1122/+81-11-707-1122
- Changing information registered in your My AIRDO account
Access My AIRDO → My Page or call the My AIRDO desk. The number is +81-3-6277-2830 (Navi Dial 0570-200-785, only available within Japan). Note: Service is available in Japanese only.
- Address for disclosure requests
Haneda Airport Terminal 1, 3-3-2 Hanedakuko, Otaku, Tokyo 144-0041
Box 31, Post Office, Haneda Airport
Attn: Personal Information Disclosure Request Service Desk, AIRDO Co., Ltd.
- Disclosure procedure
Fill out all specified sections of one of the forms listed under item (2) below, selected according to the request type. Then send the form to the address provided in section 3 above together with one of the documents described in item (3) below to verify your identity. Please be aware that if any information is missing, we will be unable to accommodate your request. The cost of postage and fees required to obtain verification documents must be paid by the applicant.
- Request forms (Japanese only)
Disclosure Request Form (PDF format)
Change Request Form (PDF format)
Usage Stop Request Form (PDF format)
Usage Purpose Notification Request Form (PDF format)
- Identification verification documents
- A copy of any two items of the following: driver's license, passport, health insurance card (the insurer number and the code or number of the insured person should be covered up), basic resident registration card with photograph, pension book, physical disability certificate, residence card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of registered seal, individual number card (front only)
- If the request is by a person acting as a representative
Letter of attorney (in the case of a legal representative, a document that can prove that the applicant is a legal representative)
The documents listed under (a) above pertaining to the person to whom the information belongs and to the representative
- Processing fee
In some cases, AIRDO might request payment of a processing fee in order to handle disclosure requests. For details, please check the information provided on the request form. To disclose information regarding multiple reservations and flights, each reservation and flight will be treated as one disclosure instance.
13. Handling of personal information related to hiring activities
AIRDO handles personal information provided by individuals applying in response to AIRDO's hiring activities (hereinafter referred to as "applicants") as follows.
- Purpose of using personal information
- Personal information provided by applicants through AIRDO's hiring website as well as through job-finding websites and similar services will be used only for AIRDO's hiring activities and for personnel management after hiring decisions have been made.
- The personal information of applicants that AIRDO obtains, stores, and uses within the scope of its purpose of use as mentioned in the preceding paragraph is as follows.
Personal information provided by applicants, including name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, education and employment history, academic transcripts, and qualifications
- Security control for personal information
AIRDO will take appropriate security control measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of applicants' personal information. The personal information of applicants who are selected for employment will be registered and stored as personnel information and handled in accordance with AIRDO's regulations.
- Ensuring the accuracy of personal information
AIRDO will strive to ensure that personal information is accurate and up-to-date to the extent needed to achieve its purpose of use.
- Maintaining and managing personal information
AIRDO has established a management system for protecting personal information to ensure that it is handled properly. AIRDO also educates all executives and employees on the protection of personal information, and the company conducts regular audits on the status of the handling of personal information, in order to execute this policy and make continuous improvements to it.
- Outsourcing of personal information
AIRDO may outsource personal information provided by applicants to a third party within the scope of the purpose of use described in (1) above. In such instances, AIRDO will select a contractor that is deemed to be handling personal information appropriately on the basis of the standards stipulated by AIRDO, sign a contract to ensure proper handling of personal information, and conduct the necessary and appropriate oversight to ensure that the contractor implements security control measures for that personal information.
- Providing personal information to third parties
- If required on the basis of laws and regulations
- If personal information is outsourced as described in (5) above
- Disclosing personal information
If AIRDO receives a request from an applicant for the disclosure of their personal information, AIRDO will respond to that request as quickly as possible. Please note, however, that information related to the selection process, reasons for selection, and other information related to application reviews will not be disclosed. If you wish to request the disclosure of your personal information, please contact AIRDO via the contact information below.
- Correcting, making additions to, and deleting personal information
If AIRDO receives a request from an applicant to correct, make additions to, or delete their personal information, AIRDO will respond to that request as quickly as possible. To request the correction, addition, or deletion of your personal information, please contact AIRDO via the contact information below.
- Stopping the use of personal information and stopping the provision of personal information to third parties
If AIRDO receives a request from an applicant to stop the use of their personal information or to stop the provision of their personal information to third parties, AIRDO will respond to that request as quickly as possible.
To stop the use of your personal information or the provision of your personal information to third parties, please contact AIRDO via the contact information provided in (11) below.
- Failure to provide personal information
Providing one's personal information to AIRDO is a voluntary choice made by the applicant. However, if the information needed for AIRDO's hiring process is not provided, the applicant may be disqualified from the hiring selection process.
- Contact information regarding the handling of personal information in hiring activities
Employment Office, AIRDO Co., Ltd.
Oak Sapporo Building 8F, 2-9, Kita 1 Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido 060-0001
Tel: +81-11-252-5533 (business hours: weekdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- External links on this website are subject to the privacy policies of the websites to which they link.
• Personnel responsible for overseeing personal information
Oct 3, 2022
AIRDO Co., Ltd.