Policies regarding protection of personal information
AIRDO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "AIRDO") shall handle personal information based on the following policies, considering the importance of personal information and deeply recognizing that appropriately protecting personal information is AIRDO's social responsibility.
2. Proper appropriate acquisition
AIRDO will obtain the following personal information by appropriate means to the extent necessary for operations for the purpose of achieving the below mentioned purposes.
- Personal information provided to AIRDO by the customer to apply for AIRDO's services, etc.
The customer's name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, business contact, mailing address, and need for wheelchair and other special arrangements.
- Information on My AIRDO membership and information related to the usage of applicable services
The points status, credit card number and expiration date, flight reservation and cancelation information, boarding status, etc.
AIRDO will never obtain and use sensitive personal information of Customers, such as information on race, beliefs, social standing, history of illness, crime records, and history of having been afflicted by crime, unless required by laws and regulations or by the consent of the customer.
3. Purposes of using personal information
The personal information obtained from customers shall be utilized for the following purposes.
- Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, airport services, and in-flight services with regard to air transport services
- Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, and airport services for interline transportation, joint acceptance of carriage, successive carriage and consigned carriage
- Service provisions for web membership service
- Guidance, provision, and management of other services and products offered by AIRDO
- All operations incidental or related to the above (1) - (4)
- Implementation of questionnaires concerning service and products, etc., offered by AIRDO
- Development of new services and products
- Guidance, operation, management and information provision for various events and campaigns
- Notification of services and products offered by AIRDO
- Response to inquiries and requests
4. Restrictions on disclosure and provision of information to third parties
AIRDO will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstances. Note that provision of information to business entrusted companies is not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
- Customer consent has been obtained.
- Disclosure or provision is required based on laws or regulations.
- Disclosure is required to protect human life, health, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
- In providing the information, provision of personal data identifying the individual to a third party has been stopped, in accordance with the request of the individual, under the condition that the following information can be notified to the customers or easily checked by the customers.
(1) The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party
(2) Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party
(3) The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party
- Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity
- Provision of information as a result of the succession of business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise
5. Business entrustment
AIRDO may entrust a part of the business operations to third parties to which personal information may also be disclosed to the extent necessary. In these cases, AIRDO will implement all appropriate measures in supervising such third parties, including establishing agreements on the handling of such personal information.
6. Management of personal information
AIRDO will appropriately manage customers' personal information, take the security control measures to prevent leaks, loss, or alterations, and appropriately handle such information. An appropriate retention period for personal information will be established in accordance with the purpose for which such information is used. After the expiration of the retention period, AIRDO will dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods.
7. Disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, and erasure
If AIRDO receives a request from customer themselves, submitted in the manner specified, for the  disclosure,  correction, addition, or deletion  discontinuance or erasure of the personal information held by customers, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer themselves. Nevertheless, in the case where; the identity confirmation of the requester cannot be obtained; there is a risk of damaging the human life, health, or property of the individual in question or a third party; there will be a major hindrance to AIRDO's operations; or there will be a violation of laws and ordinances, AIRDO may refuse all or part of the relevant requests.
The data shall be disclosed after an investigation of the content of the request.
- Correction, addition, or deletion
The data shall be corrected, etc. after an investigation of content of the request.
Use, etc. of the data shall be suspended or the data shall be erased after an investigation of the content of the request. Nevertheless, AIRDO may unintentionally lose the ability to provide services in accordance with needs due to discontinuance and erasure, and this should be noted before requesting the above.
8. Submission of request for disclosure and inquiries
The requests in the preceding paragraph related to personal data held by AIRDO and other inquiries related to personal information shall be handled by a dedicated contact point.
Nevertheless, it should be noted in advance that in all cases, requests shall be refused if the identity confirmation of the individual in question cannot be obtained.
- Contact point: Requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance , erasure, and notification of purpose of use
Such requests shall be handled by the Customer Comments and Requests Counter.
9:00-17:00, excluding weekends, national holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays
Email: Opinion and Request Form
- Reservation confirmation and boarding confirmation within the scope of ordinary services
This shall be handled via the AIRDO website, My Page of My AIRDO web member services, and the Reservation and Information Center.
- Change in the information registered in My AIRDO, web membership services
This shall be handled via My Page of My AIRDO, and the My AIRDO Desk.
May 30, 2017
AIRDO Co., Ltd.