What is the Flex Traveler System?
The Flex Traveler System is a system where AIRDO calls for customers, from those having completed their reservation for the flight, who agree to AIRDO's proposed compensation payment and alternative means of transportation, and also opt to change their flight, etc. on a voluntary basis when more customers have made reservations than there are seats, and not enough seats are available. For customers who opt for the system, AIRDO provides a compensation payment and an alternative means of transportation.
About the Flex Traveler System
- AIRDO calls for customers who voluntarily cooperate in accordance with alternative means of transportation and the proposed compensation payments. This is not an advance registration system.
- 2. For those who agree to the conditions, the following compensation payments are made.
Day of the alternative means of transportation Compensation payment The day of JPY 10,000 The following day or after JPY 20,000
*The "day of the alternative means of transportation" refers to the alternative means of transportation's departure date.
- If the departure date of the alternative means of transportation offered by AIRDO is the following day or after, a lodging fee within the extent determined by AIRDO is provided in addition to the payment amount written above.
- If a refund for the flight's ticket is desired instead of the provision of an alternative means of transportation, the total cost paid for the flight's ticket is refunded without any of the prescribed fees charged. Even in this situation, the compensation payment is made to the customer.
- The compensation payments above apply only to customers meeting the following conditions.
(1) A reservation was made for the flight.
(2) The reserved flight's ticket was purchased at least 20 minutes before the departure time.
(3) The ticket was provided to the Boarding Counter at least 15 minutes before the departure time, and the customer wished to complete the boarding procedure for the flight.
- What happens if I opt for the Flex Traveler System?
- For those who choose to cooperate with the Flex Traveler System, an alternative means of transportation is provided, and a compensation payment is made. (JPY 10,000 for changes to an alternative flight, etc. the day of, and JPY 20,000 for the following day or after)
- What if the departure is the next day?
- If the departure is the next day or after, the necessary expenses (lodging fees, transportation fees between the place of lodging and the airport, etc.) are paid by AIRDO in addition to the compensation payment.
- Can I receive a refund if I opt for the Flex Traveler System?
- If you decide not to use an alternative means of transportation, the purchase price of the ticket is paid in full without any of the prescribed fees charged. In this situation too, the compensation payment is made to the customer.
- How is it that there can be more reservations than there are seats?
- Due to various circumstances, there are some customers who cannot make it to the airport even though they have a reservation. As a result, it is assumed that those seats will become empty, and in order to give such a seat to a customer who wishes for one, more reservations are taken than the amount of seats on some flights.
- Which customers does the Flex Traveler System apply to?
- This system applies to all customers who have a reservation and ticket, who have come to the check-in counter at least 15 minutes before the departure time. Ultimately, this system is for those who opt for it on a voluntary basis.