Start Date for Accepting Reservations
- We start accepting reservations at 9:30 a.m. 2 months prior to boarding, on the same day of the month. Same-day reservations are accepted up to 20 minutes prior to departure.
- If the month two months prior has no corresponding day, then we start accepting reservations and selling tickets on the final day of the month two months prior. (For example, if your boarding date is Aug 31, 2017, we will begin accepting reservations on Jun 30, 2017.)
- To confirm or change your reservation, please tell us your "boarding date", "flight number", "passenger name", and "reservation number".
Advanced Seat Selection Services
Passengers who have finished reserving and purchasing an airplane ticket may specify their desired seat prior to arrival at the airport.
|From the start date for reservations/purchases up to 4 days prior to boarding (not including the day of boarding).||From 3 days prior to boarding to the day of boarding|
Advance seat selection during this period is available to passengers who have reserved an airplane ticket.
Advance seat selection during this period is available to passengers who have purchased an airplane ticket.
- * The seat you have selected is subject to change due to changes in aircraft or for similar reasons.
- * There are restrictions on the seats that can be selected. If you are unable to select a seat in advance, you should carry out this procedure at the airport on the day of boarding.
- * If you are flying round trip or making a connecting flight, and your reservation includes another airline for the connecting flight (ANA, Solaseed Air, or STARFLYER), you might not be able to make an advance seat selection. If you are unable to make a seat selection in advance, please contact the Reservation and Information Center.
Important Information for Passengers Seated in Seats Next to Emergency Exits:
According to a notice issued by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism on Apr 1, 2009, seats next to emergency exits are limited to passengers who meet all of the following requirements.
- Passengers who are at least 15 years of age
- Passengers who do not require an assistant or help from an attendant in order to board
- Passengers who are capable of assisting during an emergency evacuation, e.g. by opening and closing the door of the aircraft.
- Passengers who will understand the information provided on evacuation and the instructions given by flight crew, and who can verbally relay them to other passengers
- Passengers who can speak Japanese or English
- Passengers who do not need the assistance of a companion during an emergency evacuation
- Passengers who agree to provide assistance during an emergency evacuation
- Passengers who are not flying with children under the age of 8
- Passengers seated in seats next to emergency exits cannot place their baggage at their feet or hold it on their lap.
In order to assist with speedy evacuation, passengers who are seated in seats next to emergency exits must, if the need arises, assist during an emergency evacuation in accordance with the instructions of in-cabin flight crew. Passengers who do not meet the requirements above will be moved to another seat.
Assisting during emergency evacuations
If assistance is required, the flight crew will request specific assistance that consists of one or more of the following items.
- Keeping back other passengers until the emergency exit has been opened completely by the flight crew
- Assisting other passengers to exit the aircraft after you have gone down the exit chute
- Giving vocal instructions to leave the aircraft quickly and seek refuge, e.g. by saying "Quickly get away from the airplane!"
- Providing other assistance (Flight crew will give specific instructions as the situation requires.)
You should read the "Safety Guide" provided at your earliest opportunity after boarding the aircraft. Please be aware that passengers who are unable to provide the assistance described above or do not agree to do so are not permitted to sit in seats next to emergency exits.
Bundle Reservation Service
If you are flying round trip or flying two or more routes, you can reserve all flights together as long as all flights after the first one occur within 2 months plus 14 days after the reservation date of the first route.
- The second route (e.g. return route) can be reserved or purchased at the same time as the first route.
- The bundle reservation service cannot be applied to some fares (for example, award ticket).
- This service is limited to flights for which your preferred fare has been set, and for which there are empty seats available.
- If you wish to use a specific flight discount fare (AIRDO Special or DO Value), your fare and itinerary must be as follows in order for you to make the reservations at once.
|Date on which you obtain the reservation||Fares||Itinerary|
|From the start of availability until 2 months prior to boarding at 9:30 a.m.||Combination of specific flight discount fares||
Within 14 days of the boarding date of the first route.
|On or after 9:30 a.m. of the day 2 months prior to boarding||Combination of specific flight discount fares||
Within 2 months plus 14 days after the reservation date of the first route.
|Combination of the aforementioned fare and fares other than the aforementioned fare (excluding certain fares that cannot be reserved together with other fares)||Within 2 months plus 14 days after the reservation date of the first route *1|
*1 If the second route is a specific flight discount fare, it must be reserved separately. If the second route is not a specific flight discount fare and it takes place after the period specified above, no reservation can be made.